At Bsmart Autocentre we offer an MOT service for cars, vans and caravans. (class 4 and 7 vehicles only) *
A vehicle MOT is required by DVSA on a yearly basis. The reasons for this being a requirement is to ensure that the car or van you are driving is safe and roadworthy. It is a government legal requirement to have an MOT completed for your car, van, caravan.
You are able to book in your MOT test for your vehicle 30 days before the expiry date of your current MOT without it affecting the expiry date.
At the time of your booking you will be asked if you will be waiting for your vehicle whilst the test is being completed or simply dropping off and picking up.
The MOT tester will check the following areas of the vehicle
- Exhaust and emissions
- Seats and seatbelts
- Steering and suspension
- Tow bar
- Vehicle identification
- Wheels and tyres
- Windows and mirrors.
The test will take approximately 45 – 60 minutes. Once the MOT test has been completed you will be given a call advising whether your vehicle has passed or failed with a detailed breakdown. A member of staff will provide a full breakdown of quote if further work is required on your vehicle in order to pass the MOT test.
You will be given a VT30 certificate if your MOT has failed.
At Bsmart Autocentre we also provide a MOT pre-check where we would present you with findings from the inspection including any major or minor issues. This check would be more beneficial for owners who don’t consistently maintain the vehicles on a regular basis.
If you’re unsure when your MOT is due you can give us a call or alternatively click on the following link: https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status
Please visit our MOT FAQ section for more information.
The Bsmart Promise
- We will never intentionally fail any vehicle if it was a pass, as we would risk losing our DVSA MOT licence, but not only that, we would lose hundreds of customers due to the mis-trust.
- We will provide our customers a fixed quote or estimate inclusive of parts, labour and VAT
- We will only charge for work completed and parts supplied and fitted.
- We will work to high standards and continue to achieve the key industry standards.
- We will explain details clearly and treat all our customers and vehicles with respect
- We will always use up to date technical information, techniques and tooling
Vehicle MOT Cost
Car MOT Price – £30
Van MOT Price – £45
* Class 4 vehicles are cars and smaller vans. Class 7 vehicles are heavier vehicles for example, commercial vehicles with a carrying capacity of 3,000kg to 3,500kg. If you are unsure what class your vehicle falls under please give us a call on 0113 242 6338